Saturday, July 30, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Progress

Block 1 Attic Windows Page 128
 Block 88 Star of Hope Page 215
 Block 46 Hill& Valley Page 173
 Block 98 Waterwheel Page 225
 Block 11 Broken Dishes Page 138
 Block 6 Big Dipper Page 133
 Block 50 Honey's Choice Page 177

I love variety in making all these blocks, repetition does not suit me well on the best of occasions.  The only thing that is driving me crazy about this quilt is my own colour choices.  How I love the look of expertly chosen fabric collections and the like.  So I now ask myself WHY did you do scrappy, in one word "Budget" in New Zealand fabric is extremely expensive generally anything from $26 - $33 per metre which is a liitle over 1 yard.  So really I do have to make the most of my scraps and learn to love them along with how I pair them up together.  ho hum

Bye for now Toni

2 comments:

  1. Wow Toni, you sure have been busy!!! Star of hope is a favourite so far.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni,
    My favorite is Block #6 - the colors just jump out with the black to set it off.

    ReplyDelete