Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finishing some unfinished projects

Over the weekend I have had a spurt of enthusiasm and decided to finish some WIP's.  Firstly I am still trying to get used to my new sewing machine,  so I tried out a meander/stiplle on this little number.  I am pleased with the results, my machine went nice and smooth.

So I thought I would finish this other little quilt for my Grandson Leighton,  I am super happy with this as well.

I started working on a quilt for my mum Looking Back in Oct 2010 and I am please to say that I have basted it and have only about 20 mins of quilting left to do on it and then the binding.  Mum will be pleased, she has been a little obsessed with me finishing this,  sometimes you just can't rush these things.  Here is a picture of it before basting.

and lastly because I only have 2 other projects on the go Star Quilt Along over at Piece N  Quilt and the Tokyo Subway Map at Oh Fransson,  I thought I would join up with the Farmers Wife Quilt Along being being hosted by Amanda and Angela .  I have ordered the book from the Book Depository and it should arrive in the next week or so.  I can't wait to get started on this.    
More Pictures tomorrow of my Finished Looking Back Quilt.  Bye for now Toni

2 comments:

  1. All of your quilts are beautiful! I especially like the one for your mum.
    Sounds like you will be plenty busy with the Farmer's Wife QAL and your other two projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Toni... your projects looks wonderful! Did you use a built in stipple stitch or just free motion? It looks GrEaT!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete